If you want to save money so you can enjoy retirement without risk, a Traditional Individual Retirement Account (IRA) is a safe means to do so. Dividends are calculated from the date-of-deposit to the date-of-withdrawal; compounded daily; credited quarterly; and there is no minimum balance required to earn dividends.
- No minimum opening balance
- No charge to open, close or maintain
- Add to your IRA until you reach your maximum contribution or make one single contribution
- No monthly service charge
- Quarterly statements mailed
If you are contemplating starting to save for retirement, then now is your opportunity. A Roth IRA is a safe and reliable special savings plan authorized by the federal government to help you accumulate funds for your retirement. Contributions are non-deductible but all withdrawals, including earnings, are tax-free if the account has been opened for five years and the account holder is 59½ or older.
- Contributions can be made to a Roth IRA regardless of age
- You can make contributions to your Roth IRA at any time during the year or by the due date for your return that year (not including extensions)
What better gift could you give a child than the gift of education? By opening a Coverdell Education Savings Account you can enjoy the satisfaction from knowing you have contributed to a brighter future.
- You may contribute up to $2,000.00 per beneficiary annually
- Contributions are non-deductible
- Qualified distributions-Must consult your Tax Advisor for details
- Virtually anyone can contribute
- You may contribute up to the beneficiary’s 18th birthday. Contribution permitted after age 18 for special needs children
- Funds must be disbursed or rolled over by the beneficiary’s 30th birthday
An IRA Share Certificate is designed to help you reach your retirement goals with competitive rates. The minimum for a certificate is $1000.00. Contact the credit union for more information or to open an IRA Certificate.
Cross Valley FCU’s IRA Newsletter is a perfect source to gather important facts and information including features, benefits, and frequently asked questions regarding IRAs.